Some uses of Bacteria:
- It decays the rotten and dead remains.
- A bacterium called Clostridium Butyrium rots jute, jute etc. from which we get fiber.
- Some bacteria increase the fertility of the soil.
- Bacteria present in plant roots have the ability to convert free nitrogen into nitrates. Plants use this nitrates for their nutrition.
- Lactic acid is produced by the bacteria found in milk by fermenting lactose sugar. Due to this acid the milk turns sour and the bacteria present in this acid help in setting the curd.
- Vinegar is produced by the salt bacterium Acetobacter aceti.
- Many antibiotics are made by reacting with bacteria.