The Characteristics of Blue Green Algae
- They are Aqueous, Fibrous, Autotrophic and contain Chlorophyll.
- They use water for Hydrogen in the process of Photosynthesis.
- Cellulose is found for their cell wall and Asexual reproduction takes place through Acanite.
- It lacks developed Cell Organelles such as Mitochondria etc.
- Its genetic unit is DNA and it helps in Nitrogen Fixation.
- Sexual Reproduction is not found in it.
- They can survive even in sulfurous environment.
- Like Algae, Linoleic Acid and Galactose are found in them.
- In this, cell division is fission or Amitosis.