As exams approach, many students start feeling stressed. The problem of most of the students is that they are not able to remember the answers or due to stress they are forgetting the memorized topics.
In this article you will learn How to retain information when studying for an exam?
10 important tips for retain information for student
1. Develop the habit of reading: It is very important for a student to develop the habit of reading books to remember any information. This is also the identity of a good student. If you are not in the habit of reading books then you will have difficulty in remembering the information. That is why develop the habit of reading books as soon as possible.
2. Develop the habit of learning: A good student is always eager to learn new things. This habit of learning keeps a student’s mind active. This helps him a lot in remembering information.
3. Collect study materials: Study material is very important for a student. He should know which topic he has to study and which one he does not. Before the examination, he should collect all the study materials of his syllabus.
4. Make notes: Make proper notes of your topic. In this note, write each bar of the topic matter clearly in points. This will make it much easier to remember the notes.
5. Understand instead of memorizing: Try to understand any topic instead of memorizing it. People forget the remembered things quickly. Whereas if you understand that topic then it is always remembered and you will be able to write it easily in your own language.
6. Read aloud: A study has shown that reading aloud helps in remembering quickly and cannot be forgotten easily. Therefore, try to read aloud as much as possible.
7. Revise your topic: To remember what you have read, it is important to revise your topic from time to time. With this you will always remember the topic.
8. Discuss the topic with friends: If you have a good friend circle then discuss with them on subjects related to studies. This is a very effective way to remember your subject.
9. Teach others: A great way to learn something is to teach others. If possible, you should start teaching these subjects to your weaker classmates. With this you will not only remember this topic but you will also learn more.
10. Live a healthy life: To be successful in one’s work, it is necessary to have a healthy mind and body. Without this you cannot be successful in any work. Only when body and mind are healthy will you be able to concentrate on studies. For this you should participate in meditation, yoga and physical activities.